sabato 10 agosto 2024

First step in a new project

 In the 2023 final post I had anticipated my intention to start working on the pile of 1/72 Napoleonic troops I have had sitting for ages.

Most if it comes from the generosity of our friend Fele', who gave us all his old Esci 1/72 soldiers, WWII, Napoleonics, etc


Last year I worked to finish my Ancient 1/72 stuff and did a bit of colonial, this year I focused on Napoleonics, I had a big bunch of French line infantry, so I decided to start with that to have a strong starting base for the project.

The plan is to use these models for One hour wargames, a cool system that, albeit simple, is very satisfactory to play.

With the first lot of guys I got 4 regiments of French line infantry and 2 of Italian allied troops, just not to have to paint over 100 models in the same colour scheme.

As usual I used the Army Painter Quick Shade, to have the models finished quickly and very well protected from the wear of the battlefield.

Here is the result:


French line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


French line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


French line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


French line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


French line infantry brigade. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


Italian line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


Italian line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


Italian line infantry regiment. 1/72, Esci, painted by Ginzio


The two brigades lined up for battle


1 commento:

Please live a comment!