sabato 18 gennaio 2020

Assault of the frost giants/L'assalto dei giganti dei ghiacci

This week I have what I consider a special post. I painted all these giants last year, but only got around to finish the bases now.
I really wanted some kind of snow on frost giants bases, the idea is that they would come down from the mountains or glaciers where they dwell and the area would not be completely covered in snow, maybe in the end of winter where grass starts to show where the snow melts.
I used Woodland Scenics snow effect, I read how to handle it on a very nice terrain building book that my brother gave me and I think I got the result I was looking for.

Questa settimana ho quello che considero un post speciale. Ho dipinto questi giganti l'anno scorso, ma sono solo riuscito a finire i piedistalli adesso.
Volevo avere della neve sui piedistalli dei giganti dei ghiacci, l'idea e' che siano scesi dalle montagne e dai ghiacciai dove vivono e che il terreno non sia completamente coperto di neve, magari verso la fine dell'inverno quando l'erba inizia a sbucare dalla neve che si scioglie.
Ho usato un effetto neve della Woodland Scenics, ho letto come maneggiarlo su un ottimo libro di scenografie invernali che mi ha regalato mio fratello e penso di essere riuscito ad ottenere il risultato che volevo.



















The tribe in all its glory, the big giant is much more modern compared to all the others, but I can use him as the Jarl in command of the whole tribe/La tribu' in tutta la sua gloria, il gigante piu' grande e' molto piu' moderno degli altri, ma posso usarlo cone Jarl della tribu'.
28mm, Citadel, Grenadier, Ral Partha and Wizkids, painted by Ginzio

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Please live a comment!