sabato 29 aprile 2023

A big project completed/Un grosso progetto completato

 This week I'm finally posting a project I started over a year ago, a set of toy dinosaurs I got at a dollar store onto which I built howdahs for a crew to ride.

The thought behind this idea is that if ancient Indians rode into battle on elephants, I could have a fantasy version riding dinosaurs. I got a bunch of historical Indians in a trade and since there were not enough for an army, I wanted to find some cool idea to use them. At the same time I was looking at old White Dwarf pictures with toy dinosaurs converted for fantasy games and I put the two together and came up with this project.

It took very long mostly because each one was quite a bit of work and I tend to get distracted easily.

I completed them in stages (dinosaurs, bases, crew and howdahs) and then I finally put them all together.

I think the overall look is pretty nice and even if it will be hard to use them in real gaming situations, I hope I will have a chance to get them to run on the battlefield at some point.



Questa settimana posto finalmente un progetto iniziato oltre un anno fa, una serie di dinosauri giocattolo che ho comprato in uno discount e cui quali ho costruito delle piattaforme per un equipaggio.

Il ragionamento dietro a questo progetto e' l'idea che se gli antichi Indiani andavano in battaglia sul dorso di elefanti, una versione fantasy avrebbe utilizzato dei dinosauri. Ho ottenuto gli Indiani in un baratto tempo fa, ma siccome non ne avevo abbastanza per un esercito, volevo trovare un'idea originale per utilizzarli comunque. In quel periodo stavo guardando vecchie foro su White Dwarf di dinosauri giocattolo convertiti per giochi fantasy, ho messo le due indee isnieme ed e' venuto fuori questo progetto.

Mi ci e' voluto cosi' tanto per finitrlo solo perche' mi distraggo facilmente.

Li ho completati in diverse fasi (dinosauri, basi, equipaggio e piattaforme) e li ho finalmente assemblati.

Nel complesso sono soddisfatto del risultato e anche se, come molti dei miei progetti, avranno poche occasioni di correre per un campo di battaglia, non si sa mai.




















Fantasy Indian war dinosaurs/Dinosauri da guerra Indiani fantasy. 28mm, crew by RAFM miniatures with toy dinosayrs and scratch built howdahs, converted and painted by Ginzio


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Please live a comment!