domenica 19 maggio 2024

World War two 1/35 Italian Self-Propelled Gun Semovente M40

 This is a 1/35 scale Tamiya model that our friend James made many years ago and ended up giving to my brother a while back.

Last time I went to visit them in Japan, I ended up with it somehow and recently proceeded to try a restoration.

Some parts had come loose or broken, so I had to try and reassemble what I could and paint over its original single coat of sand colour to cover the imperfections that were visible.

The decals were covered in this process and I realized I didn't have anything in this scale to replace them, so I decided to go for a heavy weathering (it was also a good opportunity to try sponge chipping) and leave it without marking, save a single serial number in the front.

The idea is to use it as an objective marker or piece of terrain for Warzone. Warzone figures are quite big, so the tank is not too big and is quite appropriate with the aesthetic of that game.





Italian Self-Propelled Gun Semovente M40. 1/35 Tamiya, painted by Ginzio



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Please live a comment!