sabato 22 luglio 2023

My second Dark ages army finally complete/Il mio secondo esercito dei secoli bui finalmente completo

 Many years after starting it, I finally completed my Picts army, it all started around 2006, when IlVJ was working for GW in Tokyo and, during a visit to Nottingham, we headed over to Wargames Foundry and bought a lot of Anglo-Saxons (IlVJ) and Normans (me).

The following year we bought more dark ages stuff from Old Glory, Irish for IlVJ and Picts for me. I went for the Picts for the fact that they were around, one way or another, for very long, I could use them against Late Romans or Normas, with everything in between.

I painted all my picts with the then revolutionary Devlan Mud, except for the Noble Cavalry, which was left unpainted and in 2009 was joined by a Gripping Beast starter set that our friend John gave me when he come to visit from England (thanks a lot mate).

I now finally (14 years later) got around to complete all the remaining Picts. 

As with the Normans, I call the army complete, but won't be against adding whatever figure I happen to come across in future trades or as payment for painting, I won't just be buying any more.


Molti anni dopo averlo iniziato, ho finalmente completato il mio esercito di Pitti. Avevo cominciato questo progetto nel 2006 quando IlVJ lavorava per la GW a Tokyo e, durante una visita a Nottingham, avevamo fatto visita alla Wargames Foundry e comprato parecchi Anglosassoni (IlVJ) e Normanni (io).

L'anno seguente acquistammo altri pezzi per i secoli bui dalla Old Glory, Irlandesi per IlVJ e Pitti per me. io scelsi i Pitti per il fatto che furono attivi per parecchio tempo e con un esercito di pitti avrei potuto combattere dai Tardo Romani ai Normanni, e tutto quello che ci sta in mezzo.

Al tempo dipinsi i Pitti con l'allora rivoluzionario Devlan Mud, eccetto un'unita' di nobili a cavallo, ai quali, nel 2009, si aggiunse uno starter set della Grippign Beast regalatomi dal nosto amico John quando venne a trovarmi dall'Inghilterra.

Ora, dopo soli 14 anni, sono riuscito a finire tutti i Pitti rimanenti.

Come per i Normanni, considero il progetto completo, ma non sono opposto ad aggiungerre qualunque pezzo appropriato che potrei ottenere tramite scambi o come pagamento per pittura, semplicemente non ne comprero' piu'.


Character models: Bard, warlord, priest and druid/Personaggi: Bardo, generale, prete e druido. 28mm Gripping Beast, painted by Ginzio



Noble cavalry/Cavalleria nobile. 28mm Old Glory, painted by Ginzio






Noble infantry/Fanteria nobile. 28mm Gripping Beast, painted by Ginzio








Soer Chele infantry/Fanteria: Soer Chele. 28mm Gripping Beast, painted by Ginzio



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Please live a comment!